Tuesday 24 January 2012

Bargain Picks of the Day: 24 January 2012

We have three bargain Kindle edition picks of the day available for $.99.  These are:

The Divorce Club by Jayde Scott



Book Description

The Divorce Club's personalized battle plan designed to suit your individual needs:

Put on weight and don't shave your legs, or armpits, or any part of your body for that matter.
Don't wash his clothes and cook rotten meals, preferably ones that'll give him constant diarrhea.
Wear a thong with a mini dress and bend over in front of his friends, but only after gaining weight.

Don't forget: if you're moving, we'll help you pack and unload. If he's the one moving, we'll help you throw his belongings out the window.


A bitter divorce from a two-timing husband leaves Sarah with no money to fend for her daughter, but she won't be beaten, so she opens The Divorce Club, a meeting place for women who want to divorce their cheating husbands, but don't know how.

Soon things start to go seriously wrong. A fake client and her rising interest in him isn't Sarah's only worry; there's also the moody teenager, a stalker, and the club's personalized battle plans that start to involve more than flashing a confident smile and running a 24/7 hotline.
When Sarah's ex-husband moves in without her permission in the hope to patch things up, chaos seems complete.

The Sway of Disaster by Mikael Aizen

Book Description

Something miraculous happens when people go through a disaster together.

Relationships develop fast and furious and bonds are formed that will last a lifetime. People piss each other off and fall in love in a matter of hours and the alchemic mixture of necessity, isolation, and hope creates unrivaled rapport like a violent catalyzed reaction.

There is nothing more thrilling than pairing heartbreak with desperate survival.

The Sway of Disaster is about the insecurities inside all of us and the innate desire to dream about what is forbidden.


The Letter by K. Harper

Description

A Science Fiction Short Story:  It’s not as if I really knew John. In fact, no one really knew him. Even though our doorways faced each across a shared driveway, in the four years I lived here, I could not tell you any more about him than a stranger across town.

So, when the postman mistakenly delivered a letter of John’s in my mailbox, I became irritated. I hated getting other people’s mail, and now I had to toss my own mail aside to run across a hot driveway in bare feet to redeliver his. But when I hopped up his cold grey cement steps, they assured me I could relax. I guess I really didn’t mind delivering his mail after all.

When I opened his mailbox flap to drop the letter inside, my hand hesitated. It did not want to give up this letter so easily. It wanted to know more about this person who never got mail, such as “ who is writing to him”? 

No comments:

Post a Comment