Monday 9 April 2012

BOOK OF THE DAY: Sentence of Marriage (Promises to Keep) by Shayne Parkinson

Sentence of Marriage (Promises to Keep) 
by Shayne Parkinson
(Click here for UK purchase)


BOOK DESCRIPTION
In 19th Century New Zealand, there are few choices for a farm girl like Amy. Her life seems mapped out for her by the time she is twelve. Amy dreams of an exciting life in the world beyond her narrow boundaries. But it is the two people who come to the farm from outside the valley who change her life forever, and Amy learns the high cost of making the wrong choice. Book 1 of "Promises to Keep". 

“I won’t have her forced,” Jack said. “Let her decide for herself.”

Amy knew her father meant it. She could say no if she wanted. But this marriage would make everything all right. They could put all the trouble she had caused behind them. Everyone would be happy again.

Everyone except her.

“Sentence of Marriage” is the first book in the three-volume “Promises to Keep”.








AUTHOR BIO
I write historical novels set in New Zealand, starting in the 1880s. I'm currently working on my fifth book, this one covering the years from 1912 to 1918. I'm fascinated by social history, particularly that of my own country.

I was born in New Zealand, and apart from two years in England have lived here all my life. I'm married to my childhood sweetheart, who grew up in the farming valley that's the inspiration for my imaginary one.
We have a few acres in the countryside, where we have an orchard and a large vegetable garden, and a small flock of sheep to keep the grass down. We make our own wine, cider, jams, jellies and sauces.

OTHER WORKS

All I Want





No comments:

Post a Comment