Saturday 5 January 2013

BOOK OF THE DAY: Disappear by Iain Edward Henn


by Iain Edward Henn






BOOK DESCRIPTION
On a rain-drenched night, a young husband runs to the corner shop - and never returns.

Eighteen years later, his body reappears.

-Reappears, wearing the same clothes, and on the same street from which he went missing.
-Reappears, and is the victim of a hit/run driver.

He looks exactly the same now as when he vanished.

His widow, Jennifer Parkes, is determined to solve this enigma once and for all.

Other bodies are found, all missing eighteen years. None seem to have aged.

On the trail of a vicious killer, Jennifer and homicide detective Neil Lachlan are drawn into a human minefield of deception and terror; into the depths of a mystery that baffles the police and defies logic. Investigating at the forefront of scientific and medical technologies, they confront a threat that is closer than either of them could ever have imagined.



AUTHOR BIO



People sometimes ask writers, "When did you start writing?" I started 'writing' before I could actually write - telling stories by acting them out, playing all the roles myself. If I do that now I get strange looks, so I try not to do it.

From the time I could read stories myself, I was also writing down my own.

I have a background in newspaper and magazine publishing in Australia, but it is as a freelancer that I have had over twenty short stories published by magazines in England, North America, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Denmark and Norway. One of these, 'Private Day,' appeared with the Scandinavian University Press.

My blog, Take It As Read, is a random mix of thoughts on writing, publishing, authors, books, film, music, and anything else that fits.

My novels are ‘Disappear,’ about a man who vanishes and the impossible discovery made by his widow eighteen years later – and 'The Delta Chain,' a mystery about six drowning victims whose identities cannot be traced, who seem to have never existed. ‘The Delta Chain,’ was an Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Quarterfinalist, and both books have appeared on the Amazon UK’s Crime, Thriller and Mystery bestseller lists.

When I'm not writing, researching or commuting, my wife Janne and I enjoy swimming, walking, exploring the coast and the search for the perfect cappuccino.

You can connect with me via the usual culprits -Facebook and Twitter and at


REVIEWS
Read this book

TERRIFIC - a stylish, craftily worded thriller, that just draws you in by the sheer inventiveness of the premiss. In this book Iain Edward Henn has managed to draw upon all the elements that makes for intriguing thriller writing - crossing time, social class, love, loss, indulgence, greed, and - to top it off - pure evil. This is a fantastic read - totally suited to those who like their novels to come jagged, and the with ability to tweak the mind and unsettle the soul. My main recommendation - just read it.

-Martin Treanor, author of The Silver Mist


Attention keeper!

This book held your attention and didn't leap all over the place. Good characters made you feel like you were part of the story

-LA (Amazon US reviewer)


Really gets you hooked!,

Really enjoyed this. Have to admit that I wasn't expecting much but the plot summary hooked me in and then I just had to know what happened next. I found the characters were well developed and believable and the plot was fast moving and intriguing. I couldn't quite work out how Henn was going to create a remotely believable ending given the apparent implausibility of his beginning but he certainly did. Would highly recommend it if you're looking for a bit of sheer escapism!!!!!

-R. Christie (Amazon UK reviewer) 


OTHER WORKS

No comments:

Post a Comment