Tuesday 5 February 2013

BOOK OF THE DAY: Talisman Of El by Alecia Stone

by Alecia Stone





BOOK DESCRIPTION
WHAT IF YOUR WHOLE LIFE WAS A LIE?

One Planet.

Two Worlds.

Population: Human ... 7 billion.
Others ... unknown.

When 14-year-old Char­lie Blake wakes up sweat­ing and gasp­ing for air in the mid­dle of the night, he knows it is hap­pen­ing again. This time he wit­nesses a bru­tal mur­der. He's afraid to tell any­one. No one would believe him ... because it was a dream. Just like the one he had four years ago - the day before his dad died.

Char­lie doesn't know why this is hap­pen­ing. He would give any­thing to have an ordi­nary life. The prob­lem: he doesn't belong in the world he knows as home.
He belongs with the others.


AUTHOR BIO



Alecia Stone is the author of Talisman Of El (Centrinian, 2012), the first book in the Talisman Of El trilogy. She graduated with a BA in Film & TV and has worked in television for a short period of time before branching out into storytelling. Alecia loves anything and everything paranormal. Her fascination with all things supernatural sparked her obsession with books, particularly young adult fantasy fiction, which she has never grown out of. She was inspired to become an author after reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen at the age of fourteen.


In 2008, Alecia started working on Talisman Of El, a contemporary young adult fantasy fiction inspired by people who disappeared mysteriously, including, but not limited to, Amelia Earhart and Percy Harrison Fawcett, who went on an expedition in search of an ancient lost city. When she isn't writing, she enjoys going to the movies, listening to music, and travelling.

Talisman Of El is her first novel. At present, Alecia lives in England, United Kingdom with her family.


REVIEWS
5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the read June 4, 2012
Format:Kindle Edition
Honestly, I don't know what to say about this book. I keep walking around and thinking about what to say. This book was different in so many ways that I just could not keep my thoughts together to form a good review for it.

When I was first approached to review this book I wasn't sure what to expect, in fact, I was even thinking that this was about aliens. And honestly, if it were left up to me, I probably would not have picked up this book based on just what I know from the little details. So, when I was asked to read it I thought, Why not? This could be interested.

And was I right!

Stone weaved together a complex story revolving around the main character, Charlie, who's destiny is not something that would be expected. And let me just make this disclaimer now: There are no aliens in this story! But honestly, the cover looks like something of a spaceship, or is it just me that sees that? When really looking at it, though, the snake and the Earth show up.

Anyways, the character's I enjoyed. They were going through some serious development, and I liked how Stone wrote the book in such a way that there was something happening all the time, yet it wasn't moving extremely fast. And the character's came to life for me. That was a big one. I had to feel like I would know them and for the most part I did.
The entire plot line took me by surprised and I was swept away from the first page to the last. I can't wait for the rest of the books. This is one that I would have to tell people to put on their summer reading list. It'll be worth it, trust me!


5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! June 5, 2012
By mybel
Format:Kindle Edition
I don't want to say to much about this book cause I think it would be best for readers to experience this first hand. So I'm gonna keep this short.
Talisman of El is part fantasy, part mythology and pure adventure.

Alecia Stone weaves a strong and passionate journey that follows Derkein, Charlie, Alex and Richmond on a whirlwind journey to the depths of earths-core, to a new dimension called, Arcadia, where Charlie will find out his true fate in this world. Filled with gripping imagination, animated characters and cunning creativity, this story will take you on a heart pounding and fascinating adventure.

I had so much fun reading this book. I felt truly invested with these characters right from minute one. I loved how easy it was to get lost with them and discover hidden truths along the way. I loved the spark these characters had with one another and that there was even a touch of romance to bring hope to future books.

All in all, I really enjoyed this book. It's a promising start to a bright new series that I can't wait to continue!


No comments:

Post a Comment