Thursday 4 April 2013

BOOK OF THE DAY: The Arbiter Part 1 by K. W. Matthews


by K. W. Matthews




BOOK DESCRIPTION
Red works as a hit man. It’s all he knows. His skills are unmatched, but the work leaves him unsatisfied. As he begins to question the merits of his work, he’s contacted by a wealthy benefactor. With each job the benefactor sends his way, Red learns more about his purpose in life. As his new employer shapes him into the Arbiter, he learns what it means to be a judge of humanity. His goal is justice, but for the Arbiter, justice isn’t blind.

Part 1:

When an old friend blocks a business deal, Walter Cowell takes action. Hiring a professional killer, he believes enough money can make the problem go away. Everything changes with a thud in the hallway. Red, a former employee, makes it clear that evil men eventually receive the fate they deserve.

AUTHOR BIO



I live in Texas with my wife, four dogs, a cat, and eight box turtles.

I am an American author and I work in the IT field. I've worked for and with many of the largest internet companies. I find the work exciting, and it fuels my love for science fiction.

My true passion is writing. I've been published in literary journals, but I'm currently trying my hand in the exploding e-publishing world. My focus is on short stories and novellas, but that may change at any time. I love novels and I'm not sure that I can stay away from them for long.

In my spare time, I'm a moderator of the reddit community, /r/writing. It's a great place where writers of all levels of skill come to learn and grow.

My wife and I are advocates of animal rescue and adoption. We volunteer with the organization Homeward Bound Rescue as weekend adoption councilors.

I have Tourette Syndrome. It has led to some interesting moments in my life. As irritating as the condition can be, it's a part of me, and I'm learning to control it.

My long-term goal is to learn the ins and outs of the evolving publishing world and to open up a small press.

OTHER WORKS

The Arbiter Part 4: Scars

No comments:

Post a Comment