Sunday 6 October 2013

BOOK OF THE DAY: Secrets (The Guardian Trilogy) by Liz Schulte

by Liz Schulte





BOOK DESCRIPTION
While Olivia Martin observed life through her camera, the Abyss gazed back at her. She discovers mysterious men follow her around, people close to her are dying, and her dreams are no longer her own as she falls head over heels for a perfect stranger. A chance encounter leads to an obsession that could destroy everything she has ever known or loved. Olivia is about to find out there is a lot she doesn't know and sometimes what you don't know can kill you.


AUTHOR BIO



Many authors claim to have known their calling from a young age. Liz Schulte, however, didn't always want to be an author. In fact, she had no clue. Liz wanted to be a veterinarian, then she wanted to be a lawyer, then she wanted to be a criminal profiler. In a valiant effort to keep from becoming Walter Mitty, Liz put pen to paper and began writing her first novel. It was at that moment she realized this is what she was meant to do. As a scribe she could be all of those things and so much more.

When Liz isn't writing or on social networks she is inflicting movie quotes and trivia on people, reading, traveling, and hanging out with friends and family. Liz is a Midwest girl through and through, though she would be perfectly happy never having to shovel her driveway again. She has a love for all things spooky, supernatural, and snarky. Her favorite authors range from Edgar Allen Poe to Joseph Heller to Jane Austen to Jim Butcher and everything in between.


REVIEWS
5.0 out of 5 stars great readOctober 4, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Secrets (The Guardian Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
This book had its hooks in me from the minute I started reading it. I loved the main characters and getting to see into both their lives. Not sure I liked how each chapter was almost repeating itself, but the story had me, can't wait to read the next one!



5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Surprise May 19, 2012
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
I believe I downloaded this book to my Kindle as a freebie, but it would have been worth a full-priced premium paranormal romance any day! It hooked me at the first chapter and had me going to the end. The author does a great job of stringing you along without revealing the type of creatures you are dealing with until you are well into the book. (I didn't read the description before reading the book and it had been awhile since I selected the book so that I wasn't sure what to expect.) I don't want to give anything away, but I would highly recommend this book to anyone. My one distraction was it appeared the editing was done by spell checker and not read for context - this is a pet peeve of mine that will usually cause me to put down a book, but the story was so good that I made an exception and read it anyway.


OTHER WORKS

No comments:

Post a Comment