Saturday 19 April 2014

FREE BOOK FIND: Roaring Mountain by Shirley Gray

FREE to download TODAY is Roaring Mountain  by Shirley Gray  (Click here for UK Download).  Why not download a copy before it goes back to full price?







BOOK DESCRIPTION
When my son, Gary Gray, was killed by an avalanche while climbing Mount Shuksan in the North Cascades, he was buried under tons of ice and snow. I was told his body might never be recovered and that perhaps I should consider him now a part of the mountain. It was the beginning of a journey unlike any I had taken before. For the next few years I traveled through devastating grief and tortuous self-doubt while unsuccessfully searching for reasons why my son’s life was taken by the very planet he was trying to save. Was it his destiny, kismet, or fate? Or was it just plain old bad luck? I had to try to find out.

After three years of being in limbo and soul-searching, and just when I thought he would remain in his icy sarcophagus forever, the mountain was ready to give him up. His body was recovered under extraordinary, miraculous circumstances and the stunning sequence of events surrounding the incredible recovery was to change forever the way I think and believe. My slightly skeptical nature could not help but grow into spiritual enlightenment after experiencing such miracles first hand.

Gary was a lover of nature and he loved the wilderness with all his heart. He was an adventurer who experienced life to the full and a mountain climber who was passionate about environment al issues. But the book is not so much about the man, but about the inexplicable events that surrounded his death and recovery. It’s about passion and miracles and love everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment