Friday 26 September 2014

BOOK OF THE DAY: Dispatches from the Dating Zone by K.T. Valentine

by K.T. Valentine
(Click for UKAustraliaCanada  or India purchase)




BOOK DESCRIPTION
Having exhausted all the conventional ways to meet her ‘Mr Right’ (and because now she really is a little bit desperate), Fleur Summers turns to her well-meaning, but eccentric friends and family for help.

From ‘Man Mountain’; an engineer who eats everything in sight and tall dark handsome Tom with big hands but no idea how to use them, to the mysterious and brooding Henry Austin. Follow the trials and tribulations of Fleur’s journey as she works her way through a number of eventful blind dates, all in the name of finding true love.


Dispatches from the Dating Zone is the British racy rom-com novel from KT Valentine.


AUTHOR BIO



Just like most writers, writing has been my passion for as long as I can remember. From short stories as a child to songs performed in school plays. One way or another I've always written.

However, my tale is not one of an overnight success but rather one of a slow burner! It wasn't until I was a 25 years old and in the very early stages of pregnancy that I decided I might be good enough at writing to finally give into the little voice in my head, the one that had been telling me for years to put the book that I'd been mentally drafting, down on paper. I was a third of the way through when, unfortunately, life decided it had other ideas. Very much out of the blue and barely a few weeks after giving birth, I found myself facing the road ahead as a single mum and in the process of getting divorced. Needless to say, I didn't write again for years.

Thankfully, after turning my life around and spurred on by my family and young son, I finally put pen to paper again and 'Dispatches from the Dating Zone' was born.

I'd love to say that when I'm not writing, I'm living the glamorous and over-the-top life of a W.A.G here in Cheshire...but in reality I'm pretty much your average 36 year old, one with too many wobbly bits and a penchant for white wine and chocolate.

REVIEWS
5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! 9 Sep 2014
Format:Paperback
Thank you to the author for sending me a copy of this book for review. I LOVED this book! I finished it so fast and I really wish I hadn't because it is one of those books you wish you never had to put down. It is a perfect book to read when your feeling down, sitting on the beach or just want a quick fun read that will have you doubled over laughing.

The novel is written like a diary where Fleur is telling us about her life and (lack of) love life. As a divorced mother of one she turns to her friends and family to help set her up on dates. All of which end up leaving you laughing and feeling for Fleur purely for how horrible they are. Enter Henry who could quite possibly end Fleur's dating horrors, but will he?

I loved Fleur, although she was a typical chic-lit protagonist, she was different as she is divorced, in her thirties and had a son to care for. I found her very likeable, she wasn't perfect and had her flaws but she was real and you could so easily relate to her. Because of this you felt like you were part of the story to felt everything with her. The fact that the novel is written like a diary helps you to connect with Fleur even more as it feels like she is talking to you, which grabs you into the story to the point where you feel like her best friend with whom she has no boundaries with what she is telling you.

I also loved Jack, Denise and Leanne, they were the perfect personality matches for Fleur and their friendship was written perfectly, you agreed with most of the advise they gave to Fleur and you could see they really did care about her.
Although Henry was a character that you weren't particularly supposed to like you couldn't help it, I also couldn't help but want him and Fleur to get together, you could just tell they were made for each other!


Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
Highly addictive right from the start. Fleur Summers is a great character that you can't help but relate to. This book is a fun, witty romantic comedy that you won't want to end! I didn't want to put it down. A thoroughly enjoyable girly read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment