Sunday 12 October 2014

BOOK OF THE DAY: A Date with Fate by Tracy Ellen

by Tracy Ellen
(Click for UK, Australia, Canada or India purchase)



BOOK DESCRIPTION
Free for a limited time!

Welcome to the world of Anabel Axelrod!

Hold on to your seat for the beginning of a fun ride! This is not your traditional romance wrapped up in a nice box and tied with a HEA pretty bow. A Date with Fate is the debut novel by Tracy Ellen, and the first volume in The Adventures of Anabel Axelrod ongoing series. Experience action, sex, wit, romance, mystery, mayhem, friends, family, flashbacks, fantasies, much laughter, and an “OMG!” cliffhanger--all in one roller-coaster ride of a wild weekend!

Smart and sexy bookstore owner Anabel Axelrod is happily satisfied with the routine of her life. She enjoys her work, the occasional company of good friends and family, and casual dates with men that are willing to follow her ironclad rules on dating.

Not too tall, very dark, and definitely not handsome, the mysterious Luke Drake is a new man in town. When they meet, Anabel realizes Luke is the same man that she saw briefly in her bookstore months ago. They had never actually spoken, but sparks flew and worlds collided when their eyes clashed across the room that day.

It soon becomes apparent Luke has set his sights on Anabel, but he is no follower of rules and control is his middle name. Falling crazy in lust and sharing her darkest desires with an experienced man like Luke was definitely not in Anabel’s plans. She loves being single and will allow no man to control her, but Luke has persuasive ideas of his own.

But Anabel’s intense desire for Luke Drake is not her only concern. The slutty wife of a friend has gone missing, an employee at her store is attacked by an abusive ex, and the man who broke her heart years ago returns to town. Anabel’s orderly life dissolves into chaos. In A Date with Fate, the question remains--will the sassy, blonde bookseller follow her own rules to stay single, or will she understand that life is never simple and a certain mesmerizing complication may be worth the risk, even if it kills her?

The next two books in this series, Courted by Karma and In Love by Design, are available for purchase at all major booksellers. Adieu to Destiny will be available in November 2014. 

*This series is meant for the entertainment of an adult, mature audience. Please do not buy my books if scenes containing strong sexual situations, moderate violence, and explicit language offend you

AUTHOR BIO



Hello, and thanks for checking out my author page. Regardless of whatever else I've been doing in life--growing up, working, marriage, motherhood, seriously growing up--there's always been a book in my other hand. Now I love writing books, too!

Throughout my past, I've lived in a small town in Indiana, a farm in Illinois, and in the city and suburbs of Mpls/St Paul, Minnesota. No matter where I live, I'll always be a small-town girl at heart. My stories tend to revolve around relationships reflecting Upper Midwestern values and independence of spirit, but with very modern twists. And then there's my twisted sense of humor you have to contend with...Oh, and I apologize ahead of time that I swear too much. Filthy habit, but not my worst. (I leave the water running in the sink the WHOLE time I'm doing whatever, and to this day I still have a really hard time believing my dad did not own the electric company!)

I really love hearing from readers. Come like my FB page and post a comment, write a review, email me if you're the shy type, tweet me nice, or just stop by my blog to say Hi! I try to respond to everyone, and if I don't, it's an honest mistake. Scout's Honor! Follow my blog, Twitter, and Facebook to be aware of events and giveaways, or new books I'm publishing. Happy Reading!
Connect with Tracy!

Blog: http://www.tracyellen01.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TracyEllen01
Face Book: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tracy-Ellen/426785400717429
Email: www.tracy.ellen@aol.com


REVIEWS
5.0 out of 5 stars The Fantastic, Madcap Adventures of Anabel! December 18, 2012
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase


I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book, with a mad crazy passion. Tracy's storytelling made me giggle like a loon throughout the madcap adventures. The heroine, Anabel calls herself a magnet for trouble and that's the truth. So many misadventures were packed into a few days and it made for a rollercoaser read. I just held on for the ride and went with it.

I adore Anabel's voice. I connected with her way of viewing the world and I loved the secondary characters in her town and the potential for love interest, Luke? if she decides she doesn't want to see where that goes? I want him! lol

I can't wait for more and I so highly recommend this if you are open to a book with snark, humor, danger, BFFs, murder, mayhem, hot sex, books,car chases and cruellers!

Do not start reading this expecting a traditional romance or HEA. That's not Anabel's story. A Date With Fate is just delightful chapter in Anabel's life and I need more. I know I will pick up this book and reread when I need a break. This book makes me happy.

(((hugs))) Kat
The Queen of Tarts 


5.0 out of 5 stars Fun., witty, laugh out loud scenes...with a twist~ September 22, 2012
Format:Kindle Edition
First, before I write my review, I must be honest and admit I am a distant relative of the author. The distance is about five years. I may also add that growing up one of my nicknames given to me by my adoring family was "critical Cara". With that said, I loved this book! It was fast paced, definitely made you laugh....frequently out loud, fun witty conversation....with an unexpected mystery twist that kept you guessing. The bond between the Axelrod family was refreshing and Anabel's adventurous weekend was sexy and romantic as well as action packed! A must read! Kudos to Tracy Ellen for a great entertaining first book. 



OTHER WORKS
In Love by Design (The Adventures of Anabel Axelrod Book 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment