Saturday 31 January 2015

BOOK OF THE DAY: Shattered Reality by Brenda Perlin

by Brenda Perlin
(Click for UK, Australia, Canada or India purchase)




BOOK DESCRIPTION
When Brooklyn meets Bo, their lives are instantly turned upside down.

Brooklyn and Bo, each unhappily married to someone else, have to decide whether to stay with their spouses or give up everything for each other. Find out what Brooklyn's husband and Bo's soon-to-be ex-wife do to break them up.

Shattered Reality is the first book in a three part series that follows the main character, Brooklyn throughout her childhood, adult life and then what seems like an “endless” journey towards redemption.
 

AUTHOR BIO
 


Brenda Perlin is an independent adult contemporary fiction author. Brenda evokes emotional responses in her readers by using a provocatively unique writing style. Her most recent work, the Brooklyn and Bo Chronicles is hitting the reading community full force with its third and final installment, Brooklyn and Bo Chronicles: Fractured Vows. Critics and readers alike are praising the story as an exciting and engaging read.

Earlier in 2014, Brenda expanded her writing ventures into a whole new writing world. Co-authoring Ty The Bull, Brenda supports one little boy in voicing his heartwarming story of overcoming his childhood bully.

In September of 2014, Brenda expanded her writing world once more with the illustrated book, Alex the Mutt. Published by Blossoming Press, Alex the Mutt explores the journey of love and loss of a beloved friend and family member, Alex, the family dog.

Brenda continues to write and has new literary works on the go that her fans eagerly await to get their hands on.

All of Brenda's works are accessible through Amazon and their subsidiaries.

"From life's tragedies came stories that I hope will inspire others," - Brenda Perlin
 

REVIEWS
5.0 out of 5 stars The Hardest Review I've Ever Written June 11, 2013
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
When I finished this book I felt conflicted. For that reason alone I decided not to review it after I read the last word like I usually do. I wanted to give it a three or a four but my finger just couldn't do it. I remember asking myself why would I give it a three or a four? The answer was simple and it pissed me off how selfish it was. I was not basing my score on the book itself, how it was written, whether it had a good story line or believable characters. I was simply basing it on my bias towards, "home wreckers." So I asked myself questions. Was the story good? It was amazing. Was it well written? I didn't see any plot holes or grammar errors. Were the characters believable? Yes, every word/thought/feeling and scene was believable. The only character I wanted to know more about was Bo and I do believe the next book will go into his detail more. Did it keep my attention? I couldn't put it down for longer than it took to sleep. So, in the end I had to set my feelings aside and be fair to the book and the author. She did a damn good job!
 
Great concept October 18, 2013
Format:Kindle Edition
"Shattered Reality (Brooklyn and Bo Chronicles)" by Brenda Perlin is the story of one woman's search for happiness and for a home that will finally allow her to lead the life she deserves.

The beginning point of this moving tale is a moment in Brooklyn's (our protagonist) life after she has left her husband of '15 tedious years' to be with someone she actually loves.

With that in mind we then go back in time to see how Brooklyn's childhood and family life have formed and shaped her. The drama and hardship that Brooklyn went through prior to this point and up to the end of her marriage are not presented as justification or explanation for her adultery and subsequent alleged 'home wrecking'.

To me they show a woman who has for far too long done what she thought she ought to do and what was expected of her, or what would bring her happiness. Yet, through an unexpected illness Brooklyn reaches a new understanding of life and her decision to leave her husband is not taken lightly.

The book is written with a great sensitivity and reflection and challenges us all to think about the choices we make.

Brooklyn and her new man however have to fight their ex spouses before they can begin their life together and make a new home for themselves.

The book is written in a marvellous realistic style that makes it almost hard to believe that this should be fiction and not a memoir, a very powerful tool that does not miss its target.

A thought provoking and important read.

 
OTHER WORKS
Burnt Promises: Brooklyn and Bo Chronicles Book Two Second Edition (Volume 2)
Fractured Vows (Brooklyn and Bo Chronicles: Book Three)
Alex the Mutt: From Death Row to Cozy Home

No comments:

Post a Comment