Thursday 17 March 2016

99 CENTS: Anxiety Relief by Dee Cohen





As a licensed social worker and certified yoga teacher I've been able to assist clients with agitation, anxiety attacks, low moods, overwhelming stress reactions and performance fears by combining traditional breathing techniques, meditations and simple yoga poses with insights from my psychotherapy training. In these five case studies, you'll meet some remarkable people who have overcome so much. The book is written in a style that is easy to understand with a strong emphasis on practical tips for anxiety relief. Note: You don't need a kindle to read this as it can be read on pc, mac, smartphone or tablet. Kindle Unlimited + Amazon Prime Members can read this book for free.

Renee was an 18 year old student who suffered from social phobia. When I worked at an assisted living facility I met Sarah who was an 82 year old woman dealing with depression. Robby was my 15 year old client who had a terrible fear of catching germs that would result in a stomach flu. Glen was 35 years old when I met him and he had great difficulties with presentations at work. I met Wanda when she was 10 years old and she had a great deal of anger and resentment towards her sister that created family problems. Permission was given by each of my clients to be included in this book and some details were changed to protect their privacy.

Each of these individuals was able to use breathing, meditation and simple stretching poses to help heal emotional issues and gain insights that changed their lives. Many people I work with say initially that meditation doesn't work for them because their mind is too active and races out of control. I am happy to see that often they will change their view after trying a breathing or meditation technique during the week. It has been wonderful to see each person shed their former limitations and break out of restricting patterns. It is my hope that these stories will help you with your own journey and give you tools you can apply each day for more peace, joy and personal growth.


AVAILABLE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED

 Click for purchase in
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment