Wednesday 20 July 2016

INTERVIEW: Ann Marie Bryan

FU: There are so many different genres to choose from, what inspired you to write faith-based romance?

AMB: I believe that genre “beckoned” to me. I am a Christian and I enjoy reading romantic stories so it was a natural fit. My inspiration to write comes from God, my family, friends, readers and fellow authors. I desire to tell great stories with fascinating characters to show the awesome power of God in the lives of people and places.

FU: Can you tell us a little bit more about your company, Victorious by Design?

AMB: Victorious By Design embodies all that I enjoy doing. We deliver top quality professional writing services, comprehensive personal and professional development programs and exceptional performing arts (dance) services to meet the unique needs of individuals and organizations. We are dedicated to providing innovative and comprehensive educational products and services to inspire, foster and promote continuous development and growth in individuals and organizations.

FU: How do you manage to juggle running it with your writing?

AMB: Thanks for asking this very important question. Truthfully, there is no easy answer to this question. For sure, we make time for the things we want to do and the things we love to do.

The short answer is that I have a great, small team that helps and a very supportive family. I schedule all my activities as best as I can. This includes my writing time. At this time, I am scheduled to write one book per year and there is a timeline for that. I must have my next book ready for the first round of editing by early fall if I am to make my release day which is usually sometime in February/March.

FU: You've written so many books. Which is your favourite and why?

AMB: I love each of my books for different reasons. However, I am a bit attached to “Unforgettable, My Love Has Come Along” because it is loosely based on my own love story. My courtship and wedding were unforgettable so I knew that I had to use ‘Unforgettable’ in the title. I did not want it to appear as if I was just sitting around and waiting for my husband to turn up at my door. Hence, the rest of the title, ‘My Love Has Come Along.’

FU: They say that every character has some of the author in him/her. Which of your characters is most like you? In what way?

AMB: I am most like Annalisa in “Unforgettable, My Love Has Come Along.” As I previously indicated, this novel was based in part on my personal experiences as I embarked on the journey from singleness to my amazing wedding day. I drew on some of my experiences, encounters, feelings, insights and interactions to give this fictional story life.


FU:  So what is on the horizon? What are your new projects? When is your next new release?


AMB: I am excited about my writing journey, and I am thankful for the opportunity to share with others. I believe in working together, the exchanging of ideas and sharing of resources, so I hope that my writing adventures take me all over the world to share at conferences, seminars and workshops.

Currently, I am writing the 3rd book in my “Encounters of the Heart” series. This novel will detail the story of Chandler Peynard. It will be released in early 2017.

FU: Thank you so much for talking to us. Any parting thoughts?

AMB: Stay victorious!
FU:  Great advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment