Wednesday 13 July 2016

INTERVIEW: C.A. King

The team at Flurries Unlimited (FU) was fortunate enough to grab a quick chat with author C.A. King (CAK) about her life as a writer. This is what we talked about.

FU: There are so many different genres to choose from, what inspired you to write a fantasy series?

CAK: Finding something that makes me happy. In that regard, everything and nothing inspires me. I have a bad day and close my eyes. I can travel to a world where things are just a little brighter and get lost there for a while. I want to share that with my readers. When they need to forget about the present even for a few minutes, I want them to be able to grab one of my books and smile again.

FU:  Losing those who are close to you is a serious blow. How would you say this experience influenced your writing?

CAK: I am an avid day-dreamer. Closing my eyes one day, this world evolved in my mind. I saw the characters, how they moved, how they interacted. Each one came to life. It was a world I wanted to run away to. A place I wished I could live in.

FU: What did you do with yourself during your long hiatus?


CAK: At first I cared in home for family members with cancer. After they passed, I went through depression. I still suffer to this day, but have learnt to cope with medical assistance and my writing.

FU:  You've written so many books. Which is your favourite and why?

CAK: Frost Bitten is my favourite. I love putting a different twist on things and the holiday season gave me the perfect opportunity to do that. I find it interesting how different groups decide which is their favourite book.

Fan favourite is Book Two: A Halloween's Curse (my favourite to write)

My favourite is Book Three: Frost Bitten

Beta reader's favourite is Book Four: Sleeping Sands

Book Five holds the highest surprise factor.

FU:  They say that every character has some of the author in him/her. Which of your characters is most like you? In what way?

CAK: Since I daydreamed myself into the world, none of the characters are like me.

FU:  So what is on the horizon? What are your new projects? When is your next new release?


CAK: This fall the sixth book in my series comes out. That is the final book. You can expect a spin off series, but the main plot of this series comes to an end.

I have been asked for a cookies and treats cook book, which some of my characters may help out with. I am hoping it will be ready before December.

I have two brand new series underway. The first, Tomoiya’s Story, is an alien/vampire tale. The second Mer-Alliance, is you guessed it, mermaids. Both looking at 2017 dates.

I also have a blog of interviews which will continue and I am writing a weekly column for Books & Quills Magazine.

FU: Thank you so much for chatting with us

CAK: Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment