Wednesday 14 September 2016

INTERVIEW: Beau Henderson

Flurries Unlimited (FU) caught up with author and financial advisor, Beau Henderson (BH) for a one on one chat about his work, writing and upcoming projects. Here's what we discussed.

FU:  How did you get into financial advising?

BH: I was planning to be a psychologist after graduating from the University of Georgia.  My father passed away before I started graduate studies and I spent a year immersing myself in financial matters to help my mother navigate dealing with the loss, my dad's small business and the family finances.  This experience created a new passion for helping others through financial planning.
 
FU:  And the self-help industry? 

BH: I've always been a big believer in personal development and coaching has always been a role I've integrated into the financial advisor/client relationship.  The books and The RichLife Show on radio have been platforms to help me share the RichLife philosophy of building both a life and financial plan that are congruent with one's definition of a meaningful and fulfilling life. 
 
FU:  What inspired your unique philosophy on financial advising?

BH: By dealing with over 3,000 clients I learned that the lie of chasing performance on investments that is marketed to the masses is not the key to financial and life success.  Rather, certainty for success comes from two places: 1. Strategy- Building the right strategy specific to your unique goals, vulnerabilities, and personality.  2. Behavior- Exhibiting the proper investment behavior over time (Doing the things you should do and avoiding the things your shouldn't do).
 
FU:  What kind of responses have you received to it? Give us the good, the bad and the ugly. :-)

BH: The holistic and life planning approach resonates with the clients that I love to serve.  The RichLife brand has grown from an idea I shared with clients 8 years ago to a radio show, 5 books, coaching, training, a team of RichLife Advisors and coaches and more.  I focus on what I believe in at my core and share information that adds value to the people who connect to my mission, message, and philosophy on success with both money and life.  

 
FU: You've written so many books.  Which is your favorite and why?

BH: The RichLife - Ten Investments for True Wealth will always hold a special place in my heart.  It is the core foundation that the RichLife brand and message has been built on.  The pursuit of lifelong growth while living a healthy, wealthy, fulfilled life on purpose on the journey.  Plus, it was my first full-length book that took this idea I'd been sharing for awhile and made it tangible in a way that I could share and spread the idea of living your unique definition of a rich and meaningful life.

 
FU: So what is on the horizon?  What are your new projects? When is your next new release?

BH: Wow, so much! The Roadmap to a RichLife officially launches 8/23/2016.  Behind that I'm launching a new radio show in Atlanta, GA and will be releasing the next book 13 Steps to Retirement Success January 2017.  I'm probably most excited about writing a financial literacy course to release Spring 2017 for middle and high school students with the goal of distributing that course to one million students throughout the United States.  I believe that if young people have access to this information on basic financial literacy that they will be able to more successfully navigate many of the pitfalls most of us have faced along the way in life school.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment