Friday 21 September 2012

BOOK OF THE DAY: The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy)





BOOK DESCRIPTION
Taralie Severin and her three sisters are a powerful coven of modern-day witches who fight evil between bio classes and shifts at the police station. But when Taralie is kidnapped by vampires and converted into the undead, her sisters are ordered by the Milunfra to kill her. The girls refuse and go on the lam with bad vampires and master warlocks hot on their trail. Tara has no choice but to change her sisters into vampires.

As the young women come to terms with their new circumstances, they encounter the rarest of allies: a band of hot boy-vamps. The guys teach them that everything is not as it seems, their enemies are worse than they'd expected, and they could be on the verge of ending a thousand-year-old civil war.

Check out this hilarious, fast-moving YA novel. It's the first of three --get going now!


REVIEWS
5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh airMay 1, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
This book takes everything you could want about vampires, witches, and romance, then turns it into a nail-biting page turner. There's something for everyone in this book, from love triangles to action to sister-time. There is a family dynamic to this book that shows how sisters work together and against each other, as well as romantic tension you can cut with a knife. This is a book you can enjoy the second and third time you read it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars At first I was hesitantJune 24, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
I'm not a fan of supernatural books. It seems all they talk about is their superpowers and the problems the characters face are shallow and contrived. It is for this reason I was hesitant when my friend recommended and loaned this book to me telling me I had to read it. I figured it would be like the other vampire/witch books I tried to read but since it was my friend, I gave it a shot.

I was totally and completely wrong.

The paranormal aspects to this book really take a back seat and I honestly forgot they were vampires sometimes. The character development is great and so realistic. For being a vampire/witch book the emotions conveyed were something I could feel along with the characters. The dynamic between the sisters had me laughing so hard I almost pissed my pants. The chapters are written in such a way that when you get to the end of one, you want nothing more than to start the next one.

I couldn't put it down.

While there is romance, it doesn't overpower the story but adds a level of angst that totally makes sense for the characters. I can't wait for the next book. My friend has totally redeemed herself with this recommendation. Even though she loaned it to me, I bought it so I could read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment