Saturday 17 November 2012

BOOK OF THE DAY: Dinosaurs & Cherry Stems by Susan Jean Ricci

by Susan Jean Ricci





BOOK DESCRIPTION
Twice divorced, cynical Cindy Layton feels like a relic with prehistoric baggage, and doubts she can muster the courage to establish a new relationship, even if it's on her own terms. 

Her journey out of the Stone Age hits freaky, hilarious turbulence when she joins an Internet dating service. The scammers and weirdoes she meets in cyberspace make Cindy want to crawl back into her cave, until she receives an accidental email from Jay DeMatteo. 

Jay has the dating blues, too, but after meeting Cindy, reconsiders his options. Now it's up to him to convince her it's never too late to pursue a meaningful relationship, even when a couple is struggling with midlife adolescence.




AUTHOR BIO


I've been writing since I was a wee child and learned crayons weren't meant to be part of a food group.

My sometimes controversial rants have appeared in my local newspaper, the Asbury Park Press, and I've won several awards via the Writer's Digest 78th Annual Writer's Contest and the Philadelphia Writer's Conference.

Over the years, I've been fortunate enough to publish in Parenting Teens Magazine, Good Dog Magazine, and Aim Intercultural Magazine. I'm currently revising a contemporary novel called Slick Trespass and penning the sequel to Dinosaurs and Cherry Stems, The Sugar Ticket. There aren't enough minutes in a day to get everything I wish to accomplish with my prose! Maybe I'll come back in another life as a literary octopus!

Dinosaurs & Cherry Stems, a humorous, contemporary romance about achieving mid-life adolescence, is launching September 17, 2012, so don't miss out!

My eBook, Heart Marks the Spot: Three Short Stories, can also be found right now on Amazon for Kindle, as well as a cook book I contributed to called, Dine With Us: A Collection of Recipes from the Authors of Indie Writers Unite. Lot's of yummy recipes and delicious stories can be found here, so don't miss out!

My husband, Joseph, and I live in a lovely town in New Jersey near the sea. Together we have seven children and nine grandchildren.


REVIEWS
5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a story! October 20, 2012
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
When I purchased DINOSAURS AND CHERRY STEMS, I was anticipating a relationship story, which is what I was looking for after reading the blurb. But the author has not only created an entertaining novel about two individuals who come together in their middle-ages, but has also written an almost how-to book about how to succeed at creating a successful relationship. The novel is a fun, laugh out loud read in parts and painfully poignant in others. It takes talent to adroitly shift between emotional extremes and the author over and over demonstrates her talent. I thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Ricci's novel and would recommend it to anyone who has ever been in a difficult relationship as well as those in successful happy relationships--which, unless you're a hermit, includes just about everyone. I know I've been in both. Now I'm a hermit--just kidding, but seriously, read DACS, preferably with a glass of wine and in front of a nice fire in the fire place. When you find yourself rooting for the characters, Cindy and Jay, to succeed, it will be a little like rooting for yourself. And hey, that's kind of fun.


OTHER WORKS
Heart Marks the Spot: Three Short Stories

1 comment:

  1. Posting as Susan Jean Ricci: I'm so very thankful for the promo! TOTALLY appreciated! Sue Ricci

    ReplyDelete